Psychotherapist Centurion

Who consults a Clinical Psychologist?

People wanting help and assistance to overcome a wide variety of behavioral and emotional difficulties can consult with a clinical psychologist.  These range from couples experiencing relationship difficulties to individuals experiencing discouragement, despair and hopelessness in their lives. A clinical psychologist typically treats people who have been diagnosed with depression or other mood disorder or an anxiety disorder or a psychosis. My preference is to de-emphasise diagnostic categories and to place more focus on allowing symptoms of pain and distress to reveal themselves and perhaps even to signal the direction of personal growth and development.